Frequently Asked Questions About Our Metal Buildings
1. What does it mean when a building is “certified”?
Certified means your building would be guaranteed to withstand a certain wind and snow rating.
2. How long does the process take?
Processing and sending in your order only takes 20 minutes.
Delivery time will vary depending on your location and what we have going out to your area at the time. We like to give you a delivery date when you place the order so it can be the most accurate.
3. Is it cheaper if I order from the manufacturer direct?
It would be the same exact cost. We work together with manufacturers to service the largest possible area, and we only work with top of the line manufacturers.
4. What kind of foundation do I need for a metal building?
We can install metal buildings on almost any surface and we do not cover any foundation work or cement.
5. Does Universal Metal Buildings cover permits?
You are responsible for obtaining any necessary permits, but we will make sure your building meets any code your county may have.
Once you obtain your permit you will need to call us and provide us with your permit number.
6. How do I need to prepare before I buy a metal building?
1. Before you buy you need to make sure your foundation is no more than 4 inches off from being level.
2. Make sure to mark any underground wires, plumbing, etc.
3. Contact your county code office and ask if you need a higher wind or snow rating per your area.
7. Can I order a custom building?
We can build almost any layout you have in mind. For the custom metal buildings you will need to call us directly for any pricing.
8. What materials do you use?
All of our framing materials come standard as 14 gauge (2 1/2”) fully galvanized tubing, we also have an upgrade to 12 gauge (2 1/4) tubing if needed. Your panels will be 29 gauge fully galvanized and the paint is baked on those, we do have an upgrade for 26 gauge panels also!
9. Are you a dealer or a manufacturer?
Universal Metal Buildings
is a dealer, which means our company sells structures for the leading manufacturers. Our goal is to find you the best price and quality and a fast delivery. We give you multiple options and let you decide which manufacturer to go with.